Indian Overseas Bank is one of the leading banking services in the Indian sector. With advanced facilities and constant efforts to maintain customer satisfaction, you can easily obtain the best from the bank always.
It is possible for everyone to lose their wallet or debit card in their lifetime. Few lost things might not be so valuable that they can be left after. But in case of a lost debit card or debit card, it is mandatory to report it to avoid money loss. Ignorance for valuable things might result in heavy paybacks. For our IOB customers, we listed out the best possible solutions below to make themselves be on the safe side.
Steps to be taken in case of lost ATM/debit card
It is very much recommended to block the card by following either of the process listed. Although one can prefer changing pin but it’s no so reliable.
- Change Debit Card Pin
- Block the card ( recommended )
Change debit card pin through ATM
- Pay A visit to the nearest IOB ATM machine and you need to carry your debit card along.
- You will be expected to input the pin of the card after swiping in the machine.
- You will get an option to change the pin after you have just entered the old pin number.
- Choose the options to change the pin number
- Input a new pin together. You will receive an OTP in your registered mobile number that needs to be verified.
- Right after the verification, you can withdraw the ATM card and start using the pin that you have set.
Change pin via net banking
To change the pin for your internet banking follow the below procedures
- Login to Your Internet Banking account
- Go to “Edit Profile”
- Select “Change Pin”
- Enter the current pin and new pin in appropriate fields and click on “submit”
Block IOB Debit card by visiting the branch
- Visit the nearest IOB branch and meet the concerned executive.
- Request them to block your ATM card and you will be expected to provide your account details and verify your ID.
- Eventually, you will receive a confirmation message from the bank on your registered mobile number after the ATM card has been blocked.
Block IOB ATM card through customer care
- Dial 1800 425 4445 from the registered IOB mobile number and pay attention to the IVR instructions.
- Choose the option to block the ATM card.
- The executive will eventually ask you for all the account details. The verification on the telephonic conversation will take place.
- After verification, you will receive a confirmation message in your registered mobile number and the ATM card will immediately get blocked.
Block IOB ATM/debit card using the Net banking
As long as you have IOB Internet banking services activated for your account, it becomes very easy to block the ATM / debit card within just a few minutes.
- Visit official Overseas net banking website and input your account login credentials.
- Choose for IOB card option and pick the suspend debit card option situated on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Input your account number and request the branch to block your IOB ATM card right away.
After your IOB card has been blocked, nobody will be able to use it by any means. The new ATM card will be issued on a payment of some fee. Also, You will be given a new pin number in the new reissued ATM card.